Saturday, November 7, 2009

Whole Wheat Bread

I wish I had a picture of this beautiful bread to post here with the recipe. But I don't, I think it gets eaten too quickly! :)

I make this delicious dough in the bread machine, then transfer it to a loaf pan to bake it. I like the traditional loaf and one day I'd like to have a Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook attachment. However, for now I'm content, really content with what I have.

Now, here's the recipe for you...

Homemade bread recipe
Ingredients:
1 1/8 c. hot water
2 T. olive oil
2 T. honey
2 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 T. gluten
1/2 T. lecithin granules
1/2 t. salt
2 t. (heaping) yeast

Put ingredients in bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Set on dough cycle. When complete, shape, put dough in loaf pan and put in cold oven. Turn on to 350 degrees. Bake 23-27 minutes, or until done.

This bread is good. And when it's baking in the oven, the yummy smells wafting from your oven will make everyone's mouth water. Watch out, the loaf won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment