I've been using this recipe for years...it is moist and oh, so good. I'm thinking that it would be a yummy addition to the Schoolhouse Chicken Soup recipe
1/2 c. butter or applesauce
3/4 c. Sucanat or brown sugar
1 1/2 c. wheat flour
1 t. baking soda
3/4 t. salt
1 1/4 c. mashed bananas (about 2-3 ripe)
1/4 c. yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray or oil one loaf pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg.
3. Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
4. Mix yogurt and bananas together in yet another bowl.
5. Add alternately to the butter mixture with dry ingredients; mixing with a fork. Do not overmix.
6. Bake 40-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This is a good recipe to take to a new mommy or friend who is ill or your mother-in-law (because now it is one of her favorites).
Enjoy! My oven is beeping and the smell of delicious banana bread is in the air...I'm going to enjoy some myself!