Sunday, August 24, 2008

Summer Winding Down

We've been busy lately, really too busy. I've had lots of projects to complete. Thankfully most of them are finished (except school planning and our local homeschool group, both will be ongoing). I have to say that I'm looking forward to the routine of school days. I've been doing a lot of planning and Lord willing it will pay off. We started the beginning of August with one subject for each girl. Then the second week we added another subject. We stopped there because I'm finishing up child care for a school-age boy and it would be too difficult to do much more school than we are doing.

We are doing The Young Peacemaker's book by Corlette Sande. It has been good so far. I'm actually doing that book with all the children and praying that we all benefit from the teaching. Even my little boy has memorized the two key verses: Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God", and Romans 12:18 "If possible, as far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men." I'm excited about this study. Check out the website I linked to for the 12 Key Principles for Young Peacemakers. We are finishing up #2.

Bethany is doing Math-U-See, Alpha. She loves school and looks forward to it each day. Although I have to mention that when she sees her brother and the boy I'm watching playing, she has struggled to keep her attitude cheerful. It's been a good lesson, not easy, but good.

Marissa is doing her Presidential Unit Study. It is going very well and I'm proud of her progress. She is also a huge help with the kids each day.

Here is a picture of baby boy's 3rd birthday. (His birthday was a month ago.) He had so much fun and so did we. He's a character!


1 comment:

  1. Cute cake for a cute boy! Wow! Hard to believe he's 3! Jadon turns 3 in November. Hope you have fun starting your school year!
    Love,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete