Sunday, May 15, 2011

The place of seeing God....


I have been reading a wonderful, thought-provoking book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Her writing draws me in, holds me, twirls and swirls me around and begs me to read more or begs me to re-read what I just read. She is deep. So, in all my reading (and even taking the book to India with me--picture to the right, book is on the end of my bed), I'm yet on chapter 6. Not to worry as I see this as God helping me ponder and ruminate on thoughts and concepts that I am still working on grasping. This afternoon as I finished chapter 6. She talked about seeing a huge marvelous moon on evening. Eloquently, she details her thoughts about God, our Creator and our Righteousness. As she turns to leave the field and lovely moon, she ponders this thought:
The world I live in is loud and blurring and toilets plug and I get speeding tickets and the dog gets sick all over the back step and I forget everything and these six kids lean hard into me all day to teach and raise and lead and I fail hard and there are real souls that are at stake and how long do I really have to figure out how to live full of grace, full of joy--before these six beautiful children fly the coop and my mothering days fold up quiet? how do you open the eyes to see how to take the daily, domestic, workday vortex and invert it into the dome of an everyday cathedral? Could I go back to my life and pray with eyes wide open? 
 Oh, my goodness, this strikes me to the core. I am so there with the loudness and blurriness, the forgetting things, the failing and so on. I must cling to God, see His divine holiness in His created beings (us) and in His creation. I must give thanks to Him for it all, for in giving thanks, is "to move into His presence and listen to His love unending and know the grace uncontainable."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful for God's grace and love that He not only gives me to raise the children He gave me but that He also lavishes on them when I fail to raise them in the way I should because of my screw-ups. I fail so often that without that grace and love I think my children would be sorely lacking. ;)

    And anyhow, at least there will be therapists available when they grow up. Maybe I should have them start socking away some of their allowance now for those psych bills. LOL

    ReplyDelete