Friday, January 2, 2009

Civil War Unit Study

In between decluttering the living room, I am working on lesson plans. I'm currently working on a Civil War unit study for a good friend in Michigan. This unit study will be for her 6th and 7th graders. So far here are the resources I've gathered:

If You Lived at the Time of the Civil War by Kay Moore
The Civil War: over 100 questions and answers to things you want to know by Jason Hook
Kid's Discover: Underground Railroad January 2005 issue
Civil War: A Library of Congress Book by Martin W. Sandler
Civil War: Activity Book, Hands-On Heritage, EduPress
Civil War: Thematic Unit, Teacher Created Resources
The American Civil War: American History Series by Cindy Barden
The American Civil War: History Pockets, Evan-Moor; my FAVORITE resource for this study
Story of the Civil War Coloring Book by Peter F. Copeland, a Dover Coloring book

With all these resources, I'm not going to do too much research online. I need to put the study together and any holes, I may fill with online goodies. I'll update this post if I find some good websites.

My friend's younger two children (K and 2nd) will be reading The Magic Treehouse: Civil War on Sunday. They will be doing a few activities to help them remember key parts of the war. I will be using this website as a resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment