Friday, March 30, 2007

Chicken Salsa Manicotti

Looking for a new recipe with a little kick? Well, this is it! My friend makes this dish as a freezer meal, but I made it yesterday as a "let's bake it now" meal. :) Here is the recipe:

Chicken Salsa Manicotti

1 package (8 oz) manicotti shells
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
2 c. (8oz) shredded Monteray Jack cheese, divided
1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. sour cream
1 small onion, diced, divided
1 can chopped green chilies, divided
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. salsa
2/3 c. milk

Cook manicotti about 7 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 c. of Mont. Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, half onion and half of the chilies.
In another bowl, combine soup, salsa, milk and rest of onion and chilies.
Stuff the manicotti shells with the chicken mixture.
In a greased 9x13 baking dish, put 1/2 of the salsa mixture. Then lay the stuffed shells on top.
Then pour the rest of the salsa mixture over the top.
Cover, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Uncover and put the rest of the Monteray Jack cheese on top. Bake another 10 minutes.

This would be a great company meal. Everyone in our family enjoyed it very much.

Well, I've been working on a few crafty projects and I think I may have 3 going at the same time as well as 2 books I'm reading. I've also been doing spring cleaning, a little bit along. You'll be glad to hear that I've given away 2 more bags to Goodwill, and passed down a couple boxes of clothes to other people. So, I'm keeping busy and certainly enjoying the nice weather. Seeing the sunshine puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment