Monday, October 19, 2009

Crock Pot Pinto Beans

I've not met a bean that I liked.

Does that surprise you seeing that the title of my post is "Crock Pot Pinto Beans"?

Well, my hunny likes beans and beans are good for a person, really good. So, I'm eating beans; not enjoying them, just eating them. Eating them for my health, for our budget and for hmmm, can't think of another reason.

Up to this point, I've been buying cans of beans--pinto beans, black beans, etc. I'm ready to try my hand at making them myself. Making them myself for the betterment of our budget and ummm, can't think of another reason.

So, here goes. I'm trying a recipe that I found here at Cooking Claire. [Disclaimer: I do not know Claire except that her recipe came up when I googled "Crock pot pinto beans". Since that was handy, I'm trying her recipe.]

I'll update tomorrow and let you know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment