Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's the Brady Bunch!

As I said yesterday, I'm helping my sister as she is recovering from surgery. She has a great family with a husband and 5 kids. It's a blended family (hence the Brady Bunch). The kids are ages 12 and under. Mixing in my kids, we had quite a housefull today! They all did great though. The kids mostly played outside--the bottoms of Bethany's feet bear the proof of that. :) Marissa said that the washcloth will never come clean...what a pessimist...or is that a realist? 

My sister is doing very well and is a good patient. She is walking around appropriately, taking her medicine and resting adequately. It was really an easy day. She had me psyched up for heavy duty parenting--rather "aunting" and the kids did wonderful. 

Some things you should know about my sister: 
  • she is extremely giving--she had 4 bags of clothes and goodies waiting on me. Hand-me downs from her kids and her husband plus yard sale finds. 
  • she is the queen of yard sale shopping. She finds the best deals and the best stuff. She gave me a pyrex bowl that is so fun! It's yellow and squarish. When I return home, I'll take a picture of it. 
  • she is tons of fun and has a great laugh.
  • she thoroughly loves my kids and hunny. 
What more could I ask for in a sister? 
It's been my privilege to help her (although honestly I didn't feel like I was doing much today). 

I did make this dish for supper...one of them and one for my grandparents and aunt, whom the girls and I are staying the nights with. It was yummy. 

Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
3 cups of frozen hash browns
1/4 c. butter melted
1 cup diced cooked ham
1/4 cup diced onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Press hash browns in bottom and sides of 9 in. pie pan. Drizzle with melted butter and bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 12 minutes. In bowl, mix ham, onion and cheese. In another bowl whisk eggs and milk. Put ham mixture in pie pan, then add egg mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes in 350 oven. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Having a sister is a blessing. Your sister sounds like a delightful person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters are amazing! I'm going to see mine this week! yah! Have a great holiday!
    Love,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete