Thursday, June 19, 2008

Running Hard after Him

Lately I've been reading some good books. One is called "Satisfy my Thirsty Soul" by Linda Dillow and the other is "A Young Woman after God's Own Heart" by Elizabeth George.

A friend of mine recommended the first one. And another friend is working through the second one with Marissa and I. Really neat! Marissa and I had our first get together with my friend. I'm very thankful that I have good friends who invest in the lives of my kids.

Today, we were challenged to make our time with God a priority, meditate on choosing the best--not just the good or better and lastly to commit to giving our day and our lives to God each day. Romans 12:1 says to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God.

So, my resolve is to make sure I've spent time reading God's word and praying before I jump into my day. If I can make time for other disciplines (like exercising) then I can make my time with God a priority too.

It's neat to see how the other book "Satisfy my thirsty soul" fits into this. This book focuses on giving God the worship He deserves and the worship He wants from us. Worship as a lifestyle. On page 30, Dillow says, "Come learn about worship as a lifestyle. As you understand how to bow your words, work, pain and every area of your life, obedience will become a joy." Did I read that right? Obedience a joy?? Not only does this sound like my two words for 2008, but it also is something I continue to struggle with. God is good to continue to reminding me of what He wants from me.

And by His strength, I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment