Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Momma heart...

My baby girl woke up at 4:30 a.m. with a 103.5 fever! It took a few minutes for the sleepy fog to clear my brain, but after that I sprung into action. As I was tending to her, despite her fever, sweetness was spilling out of her...

Bethany: Momma I'm sorry I woke you up.
Me: No, Bethany. You are sick and you did the right thing. You know you can wake me up anytime for any reason.
Bethany: Give me a kiss, Momma.

My Momma heart melted as I kissed her hot little cheek.

At some point in between refreshing the wet cloths and praying for her, I realized that a big part of my sadness over Sarah's death is the deep ache I feel for her parents. My Momma heart is broken for them. The sorrow I feel for them throws me at the feet on the One who is our Shepherd, Refuge and Savior. Please scoop them up in Your arms and tend their hurt, grief and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment