Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I've been ever so grateful for numerous things in the last couple weeks. Here's a simple list in no particular order:

Health
Daily Bread (and much more)
friends who are like family
Freedom to homeschool our kids
The love of my Hunny
Working vehicles
The Word of God that meets me where I am all the while urging me to be more
My sisters
hugs from my kids

In a fallen world, it is easy for me to lose my perspective. God is on His Throne, He is in control, He is sovereign. God knows our frame. He knows my mind and heart can take a downward turn in the daily-ness of daily living. He knows that I'm compassionate and sensitive toward others and that sometimes I can take the burdens of others on myself. My desire is to look toward heaven, realizing that this is not my home. My desire is to keep my focus on the Author and Finisher of my faith. My desire is to lay my burdens and the burdens of others down at His feet.

Thank You God for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment