Saturday, September 12, 2009

Galloping the Globe week 2


I didn't have time to blog last week because Bethany and I started Galloping the Globe! We had a good week of introduction--mostly of maps, globes, longitude and latitude, etc. I borrowed much of what I did last week from Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations blog (this will take you to the page I used for our first week). While you are there (at Homeschool Creations) take a look at all the other Galloping the Globe or geography helps--and lots of other cool stuff, she has. Really, if I ever met her in real life, I'd give her a big squeeze for creating and posting her homeschool journey. I've benefited so much from her resources.

Now, on to week 2 and Explorers! Check out these resources I found:
Cyber-sleuth kids has a section on Explorers Facts, Worksheets, and Printables
Edhelper has a link for explorers. The coolest thing I found was the pdf timeline of explorers. :)
At Proverbs 22:6 Academy, I found Explorer trading cards (pdf downloads).
Funschool has a fun word search pdf.
DLTK has a neat Dora the Explorer handwriting paper. {What's a study of explorers without Dora?} I think I'll have Bethany write a story about herself as an explorer towards the end of the study. (writing prompt from GtG book)

WOW! We are going to have a fun week. :) Next week it's off to China...I'd better get her passport finished. I'll post a picture of it when I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment