Sunday, September 20, 2009

Reading...instead of cleaning

This week I've been catching up on blog reading and wanted to share some goodies with you. I've also been reading some books from our church library that have been very insightful and convicting. All this reading has made it hard for me to get my cleaning done (imagine that!?) Balance...I need balance!

Had to throw in this cute picture of T. He feel asleep after sitting in his room for getting in trouble.
This is what I'd do too if someone sent me to my room! :)

Anyway, here's some of what I've been reading...maybe you'll enjoy it too (just don't forget to keep up on the housework!)
  • Just today a friend linked to this site I Am Second on Facebook. Amazing testimonies about God transforming hearts and lives.
  • Lelia from Write from the Heart has some good stuff to say about how we dress (and how we allow our kids to dress). I just found her blog and can see God working in the everyday circumstances of her life.
  • Are you looking for a beautiful unique gift for a newborn? Look no further, Naomi makes the perfect gift....baby silkies. Visit her site for pictures and products. (She's my real life friend which makes me grin!)
  • Living with Lindsay has a great post about learning to embroider. Lots of links and ideas. I'm gearing up for starting Christmas gifts. :)
A picture of T picking red raspberries at a friend's berry farm.
Along with his sisters, he was a diligent worker. I made freezer jam with our bounty!


From our church library, I am reading Made for His Pleasure: Ten Benchmarks of a Vital Faith by Alistair Begg. Here are some of the chapter titles: Spiritual Fitness in a Flabby Generation, Prayer That is Larger Than Ourselves, Sacrifice: Wholehearted Commitment to God's Kingdom and Relationships: A Marriage that Pleases God. In the Introduction the question is asked, "Who am I trying to please?" May I say with Paul and the writer of this book: "I make it my goal to please Him" (2 Cor. 5:9)
Hebrews 13:21 "May He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

What have you been reading lately?

1 comment:

  1. It looks as though you are reading some wonderful stuff. Ironically, this is one of those rare seasons in my life when I am having trouble finding time to read much of anything. Today, I am concentrating on great poetry which has the benefit of being able to be taken along and enjoyed in either brief intervals or longer stretches of time.

    ReplyDelete