Friday, August 24, 2007

Sweating...purifies the body

We are sweating profusely ever since yesterday when our air conditioner said he'd had enough. Enough cooling,
enough running,
enough.

Although I know nothing about air conditioners I knew I was in trouble when the temperature was rising in the house and I smelled a slightly "burny" smell. I marched bravely out to the unit and smacked it smartly (that's what they tell you do with cassette tapes when they don't work). When the smack didn't work, I resorted to falling on it pleading for it to come back and cool us once more.

Really, did it have to go on one of the hottest dog days of August?? A person can't predict these sort of goings, I suppose.

So for now, we are purifying our pores with some good ole sweat.

Bethany asked me--when is that air guy coming? SUNDAY, sweetie, not until Sunday. That's a whole lot of purifying.

Sweating makes lesson planning interesting...the paper keeps sticking to my arms, my legs are sticking to the chair, trickles of sweat are running down my neck and gathering in pools in parts unknown. Even our dog Bailey is hot. She is panting and has planted herself strategically in front of the fan. Every person and dog for themselves!

I realize how spoiled we are and so do my children. Marissa commented that she doesn't know how Laura Ingalls did it...no air, no fans, no indoor plumbing. So we are thankful for what we do have--refrigeration, washer and dryer, indoor plumbing and fans, just to name a few.

Well, the sweat is running in my eyes and blurring my vision. Until next time...hopefully blogging from a cooler house.

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness! I hope it is fixed soon!
    Love,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete