Friday, October 12, 2007

A Good Gift

I've been given a good gift.

Oh, be sure, I've been given many good gifts. These good gifts, much like the one I've been given today, are not material in nature or temporal. To name a few:
  • my salvation: Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not by works, lest any should boast."
  • my husband and good friends: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken."
  • my children: Psalm 127:3 "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward."
My gift today is from a dear friend. My friend gave my husband and I a weekend by ourselves! She graciously came and picked up my kids this morning. And she doesn't want me to come get the kids until Monday morning.

Now, that is a good gift.

I've often thought that if my husband and I don't make our marriage a priority and fight for our marriage, no one else will either. Well, the Lord has taught me a valuable lesson. My friend, whose children are now grown, is giving my husband and I time together...to make our marriage a priority.

What a good gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment