Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sea Turtle Study

In science this week we are going to study sea turtles. For Bethany's science, I take off what Marissa is doing in Apologia Exploring Creation: Swimming Creatures. I do a shortened version for her because in kindergarten I am striving to give her exposure to a wide variety of topics.

I searched our local library for picture books about sea turtles. This is what I brought home:
Sea Turtles by Martha E.H. Rustad

Sea Turtles by Gail Gibbons Lots of facts and pictures although it does contain a page or so of evolutionary thinking.

Online I've found these resources:
Enchanted Learning Sea Turtle Coloring page and facts (A little too detailed for kindergarten, but Marissa will like it.)

Sea World offers free guides for teachers on their website. I found this one called Ocean Discovery for prek-kindergarten.

Kidz Korner has a page of links for sea turtles. Lots to be explored here.

LearnNC has a art lesson plan for drawing a sea turtle--step by step instructions.

I've found more than enough to teach her (and me) lots and lots about sea turtles. What are you studying this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment