Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Apples in Abundance

A friend of ours called yesterday and said he had a bunch of extra apples. He asked if we'd like some...would we? Yes, indeed. So, I made an apple crisp for dessert last night. This is the recipe I used:

Apple Crisp

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray an 8 or 10 inch baking pan or 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish generously.

2. Place in pan or casserole dish:
4 cups sliced apples, peeled and cored

3. Blend until crumbly; spread evenly over fruit slices:
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (I used regular whole wheat flour)
1/2 c. quick or old fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 c. cystalline fructose or Sucanat (I used brown sugar)
3/4 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. nutmeg
1/3 c. soft butter

4. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes or until apples are tender.

This recipe is from Sue Gregg's Cookbooks "Desserts" This recipe book features lowfat and allergy alternatives.

My Hunny came home to the luscious smell of warm apples and cinnamon. That's quite a welcome home if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment