Thursday, January 10, 2008

Brown Bear, Brown Bear


This week, Bethany and I are doing a unit study on Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Bill Martin, Jr. and illustrated by Eric Carle.
We've gone over the book once a day and by now, Bethany 'reads' it to me. Here is a list of things we've studied along with the book.
  • color words
  • sentences and end marks--period and question mark
  • long /e/
  • grizzly bears
  • polar bears
  • panda bears
  • addition and subtraction with teddy bear counters
  • graphing with gummy bears

I had several ideas and activities in my file cabinet and I found several more online.
Below are some links I thought were worth checking out.

Hubbard's Cupboard
--lots of ideas and plenty of links to get you going.
DLTK's book break--more ideas and free printable templates
AtoZ Teacher Stuff--resources and lesson plans

No comments:

Post a Comment