That's it. I am determined. Last year my word(s) were Obey and Joy. These words were a wonderful focus for me. They helped me in times when I didn't want to do what I know I needed to do. And it helped me do it joyfully.
I suppose in some ways, this year's word is related to those same themes. I am determined to do what I know I need to do.
- Determined to read my Bible and spend time in prayer. I was reading another blog today and she had linked to a one year Bible reading program. The neat thing about this program is that it is only 25 days, so if you (I) get behind then I have a couple days to catch up. I'm not sure if I'll be determined to read through the Bible in a year (although that's a fine goal). My determination is to spend time learning more about Him and listening to Him. (Note:I know nothing else about this church/website except for the Bible reading program that I mentioned.)
- Determined to choose joy in my heart (and on my face).
- Determined to spend time with my hunny and kids; making my time with them intentional and purposeful. I want to spend time with my family (and friends) doing the things that we want to do and having fun doing the things we need to do.
- Determined to make healthy choices in my eating and exercising.
- Determined to make strides toward preserving our memories in scrapbooks and photo albums.
You'd be amazed at how this one word focus has propelled me forward--from a place of not-doing to doing, from a moment of indecision to a moment of decision, from an almost wasted block of time to redeeming that time. Determined.
There you have it.
I'd love to hear your one word focus for this year.