Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Sharing

The days have seemed long lately. Just a few nights ago I picked up a book that I started last summer (and never finished). It's called Satisfy My Thirsty Soul by Linda Dillow. Wonderful book, requires deep thinking and I'm praying for sweet rewards. I've had that ache of grief, pain and the wretched downcast cloud of sadness gnawing at me for months now. No doubt we have gone through rough times, but I know that God is bigger than my circumstances and my feelings. So my prayer is that He will restore the joy of my salvation and that I will know in my heart that He is walking with me and talking with me and the many whom I love and who love Him. Of course there are those who are hurting much worse than we are and their burdens are heavier than the biggest load of bricks. So I pray for them as well.

Several songs have been meaningful to me lately:
Natalie Grant's Held (visit this site to watch the video) The lyrics to the chorus:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive.
This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.

Meredith Andrews' You're Not Alone (visit this site to watch the video) The lyrics to the chorus:
You're not alone, For I am here,
let Me wipe away your every fear,
My love I've never left your side,
I have seen you through the darkest nights,
And I'm the One who's loved you all your life

If you feel led to pray for Kristin and her family, I know they would appreciate it. Kristin and I were in college together when I went back to finish my degree. I am now friends with her mom too (neat story behind that!).

Clinging to the promises, knowing I'm not alone, He holds me.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather-I read your post and it just really struck me. I go through periods of sadness too. One of my favorite songs during those times is Blessed Be Your Name. When I hear it, I remember my old pastor singing it in front of the church with his daughter the week after his wife died. I couldn't believe he was suffering so and could still get up and sing a song of praise. It stood as such an example for me to follow. I hope you'll feel your burden lighten as He takes some of it from you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer-thanks so much for your sweet comment and for sharing. I was thinking of it yesterday while taking my daughter to the doctors...and "Blessed Be Your Name" came on K-Love!! I smiled and sang along!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete