Thursday, November 12, 2009

Incomprehensible

The Lord appoints the number of the stars
And calls them each by name. (Psalm 147:4)

This verse was in my email inbox unopened until just this very minute, from Ken Boa's Daily Scripture. I love it when what I'm studying and learning on my own in God's Word lines up perfectly with the Scriptures that come to my inbox (from Ken Boa's site and K-Love's encouraging Word). God is so good.

My big revelation this morning was that it's not so much that I'm so special that God has the hairs of my head numbered (Matthew 10:26-33) but that He is incomprehensible. His knowledge, His sovereignty, His power, His omniscience, etc...it's about Him, friends. And the above verse confirms it, He knows the stars BY NAME, the stars that are so numerous that we cannot count them. He knows the number...in fact...He designated the number.

And the sparrows, those little sparrows, He knows them too and neither the stars nor the sparrows are as special as mankind whom He made in HIS image. Yes, I am special to God, yes, He knows the number of hairs on my head and knows when each one falls (and when each one turns gray), and yes, this makes me fall on my face before my incomprehensible God.

No comments:

Post a Comment