Friday, January 29, 2010

Fix our Eyes

It's been a long week and a half! We had computer problems, my hunny had back problems, my girls are having sinus problems and me?? well, just problems! hee, hee!

I went to bed really early last night and am feeling somewhat ready to tackle today. In my Bible study I'm reading Hebrews 12~~especially the first couple verses:
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
This week I've been asking myself some questions: such as "What does it mean to fix my eyes on Jesus?" "What do I need to lay aside in order that I can run with endurance the race that is set before me?" "How can I increase my endurance?"

I want to run the race well, and unlike a physical race, I do not know when the end of my race will come. I'm thinking that's where the endurance comes in! I must fix my eyes on Him and ask Him for the strength and grace to run with endurance. For me "fixing my eyes" on Him starts with reading His Word and praying that the Holy Spirit will use His Words to penetrate my life, change my heart and draw me towards Him.

My encouragement to you today is to fix your eyes on Him, the author and finisher of our faith.
All for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment