Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year


My sister Sara with Marissa


My niece's son, Peyton with Trenton


Sara with Bethany

We have been visiting family out east and this morning I had to go pick up my Hunny at the airport. (The kids and I drove out here 4 days ago.) So, of course, this morning the roads were icy and dangerous. It took me almost 2 hours longer to pick him up and 4 hours longer to get back to my grandparent's house. There was a horrible accident, so we are thankful that we are home safely. Although the hours in the car made us all a little stir crazy.

We are having a good time and have seen many family members and friends. I grew up in this area, so there are lots of folks to visit. The kids are doing well and enjoying the extra attention from aunts, uncles and grandparents.

This evening we are having a big gathering of family to bring in the new year. I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake until midnight...showing my age, I suppose. Or maybe the fact that I've been awake since 4 a.m.

It is interesting to think that 2007 is past. The years go by faster and faster. I'm thankful that the Lord has our days ordained and planned. I take comfort and peace knowing that He is in control. Happy New Year everyone! May God bless you and keep you in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment