Friday, October 3, 2008

Soccer Season


We have had a good soccer season. Praise the Lord, my girls have had no significant injuries. I'm also praising Him for the growth in character and skill that I have observed. My little Bethany is a dedicated, hard working soccer player. She has the unique ability to watch where the ball is going to go...and get there (rather than getting in the middle of a 6 girl pile-up!) She is so fun to watch.

My Marissa has really practiced and played hard this year. She is in the oldest division, so it's a regulation size field. She has grown in her ability to encourage the other players and even help instruct them when needed. She has also shown herself a versatile player, playing each position well (except goalie, she has NO desire to play goalie!) Last night, her team won their tournament game. An exciting game, 0 to 0 the whole game, into overtime, 30 seconds into overtime, my Marissa scored the only, winning goal!! Very exciting! Now they play Saturday.

I'll try to post a picture of Marissa soon. Funny how as she gets older, I get fewer and fewer pictures of her. She seems to duck out of pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just don't like pictures!! :)
    u'r daughter,
    Marissa

    ReplyDelete