Monday, December 28, 2009

The Happenings of Christmas Week


We had a wonderful merry Christmas.


Christmas morning the atmosphere was relaxed and joyful as we opened gifts. My favorite gifts were the ones my children made for me....a coupon book from my oldest daughter, a homemade card from my middle daughter and lots of hugs from my little guy. The picture below shows a gift I made for our Bethany girl. We realized that the other two kids had something with their names on it hanging on their walls. She did not. I took care of that. I love the way it turned out. It was fun to make and she was thrilled with it.


Our little guy has had hours of fun already with this Fisher Price castle complete with knights (and a dragon). A fellow homeschool mom passed this goodie along to us as her son was finished with it. I'm so thankful because it has been T's favorite toy.



The last couple days I've been working on a rag rug. A friend and I were talking about making them and she said she thought there was a way to make them without sewing or crocheting them. So, after some searching we found this set of youtube videos. It uses a tool that my friend's husband made out of a coat hanger. I'm using some shirts and some material I had in my stash just for this purpose. I'll take a picture of it soon. It is turning out so pretty!

My other big job this week is doing lesson plans for January through March. I'm almost half way through Bethany's and hope to finish up tomorrow; then on to Marissa's.

What's keeping you occupied this week?

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful pictures! I am so glad that you had a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma and mom used to crochet rag rugs. I always wished I'd learned how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Birdie~how was your Christmas?
    Hannatu~thanks for visiting my blog! When you bring your kids to the University, if you have time...I'd love to show you either how to crochet or use this new method of making a rag rug. FB message me or email me if that sounds like something you'd like to do/have time to do. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete