Thursday, December 24, 2009

More Christmas Traditions

One of our Christmas traditions is to spend the day before Christmas Eve with my Hunny's mom and siblings. He has one sister (who has 2 children) and one brother (who lives a few states away and we don't always see him at Christmas). So last night we headed down to my mother-in-law's house with a few special gifts wrapped in brown paper and tied with ribbon and lots of homemade yummy treats to share.

The kids had a great time and my brother-in-law was there which made it special for all of us. My Hunny said that he wished he had longer to visit with his brother...and that made me a little sad. I miss my siblings too and wish for long, meaningful talks over hot chocolate.

All in all we had a good time. The kids are enjoying playing with some new toys today and that's great as I'm trying to finish up wrapping gifts and cleaning.

We will also make a birthday cake for Jesus. Hopefully finish up Bartholomew's Passage and reading our Adorenaments.

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!

“For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders. And his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”~ISAIAH 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment