Monday, March 3, 2008

I've been a little overwhelmed lately with life--hence the lack of blogging.
I have lots of ideas in my head of neat things I'd like to write about, but it just hasn't happened.
So without continuing to go down that road of thinking, let me tell you about some fun things that we've done.
Thursday the kids and I met my Grandma, Aunt and Great Aunt about 1 hour or so north of here as they passed through taking my Great Aunt back home. She spends 4-5 months with my Grandma and Aunt each winter. We are giddy with joy whenever we get to see them even if just for a short amount of time.
We also stopped to see my friend Julie's parents as they live close to where we were meeting. We spent an hour or so with them. We are approaching the year anniversary of Julie's homegoing. I don't think a day goes by without me thinking about her. Hopefully I'll be able to share more about what I've learned since she has been with Jesus.
Friday my firstborn turned 12! Yes, a leap year baby she is. Really a lot of fun to have such a unique birthday.
The morning of the 29th we had an Ancient Egypt party with two other families. We had a great time--doing Egyptian crafts, playing games and feasting!
Saturday we spent some time at a friend's farm playing with some new baby lambs. Oh my, cute and soft as ever. Maybe I'll come back and add a picture of them.
Sunday we had a a fellowship dinner at some church friends' house. The kids played and we talked.

Today, I've been working like mad to finish the local homeschool newsletter. It's been time consuming, but I like doing the work.

My thoughts have been turning to Easter lately. Noel Piper's book Treasuring God in our Traditions has a chapter on Easter.
holiday--holy day, day set aside for special religious observance
crux--1. an essential point requiring resolution or resolving an outcome
2. a main or central feature
crucial--important or essential as resolving a crisis, decisive
Lent--lengthen, signifying that the days are getting longer because spring is here.

Family Celebrations by Ann Hibbard also has a chapter on Easter. Both books have some practical ideas for making the most of the holiday.

1 comment:

  1. "Saturday we spent some time at a friend's farm playing with some new baby lambs. "

    Wow! What a neat experience. I haven't been blogging much lately either. Things are just so busy these days and my children and I all have a touch of Spring fever.

    ReplyDelete