Monday, March 9, 2009

Reason for God by Tim Keller

Our pastor preached on forgiveness last night. He referenced a book he'd recently read called The Reason for God by Tim Keller. I first heard of Tim Keller from my friend Melanie. He opened up the story of the Prodigal Son in a way that I'd never heard of before.

So, I'm really looking forward to reading this book.

Pastor reminded us that "when Jesus went to the cross, he went feeling and experiencing the pain and suffering our sin causes. He went to the cross in the most incredible act of embracing the pain and hurt..and forgiveness. We have a Savior Who sees every offense and says 'I forgive'."

From Luke 11: "And forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us."

That is big. I pray that I am a continually forgiving person, for I have been forgiven much.

No comments:

Post a Comment