Saturday, February 10, 2007

Find your Wings and birthday preparations

I really like this song and I heard it on the way home from the grocery store. It reminds me that my children belong to the Lord and that I am to care for them , training them to love Him and serve Him. I trust my children to His capable hands and pray that I will continue to do my part faithfully.

Find your Wings
by Mark Harris

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

Chorus:

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
On another family note, tomorrow is my hunny's birthday! Part of our birthday traditions say that the birthday person gets to choose the evening meal and kind of cake he/she wants. Hunny has chosen homemade oven fried chicken, baked beans, mashed potatoes and salad. For his cake, he chose a Blueberry bundt cake. It is super moist and oh, so good. A good friend of mine gave me the recipe which came from a book called The Cake Doctor


Blueberry Muffin Cake
Ingredients:
solid vegetable shortening for greasing the pan
flour for dusting the pan
1 package (18.25 oz) plain yellow or white cake mix
1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. vegetable oil, such as canola, corn, safflower, soybean or sunflower
1/4 c. water
1 t. ground cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed or drained
2 t. confectioners' sugar (for dusting, optional)

1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10-in. tube pan with solid veg. shortening, then dust with flour. Shake out the excess flour. Set the pan aside.
2. Measure out 2 T. of the cake mix and reserve it. Place the remaining cake mix, pudding mix, yogurt, oil, water, cinnamon and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides. The batter should look thick and well blended.
3. Toss the blueberries with the reserved cake mix.
4. Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Scatter the blueberries over the batter. Spread the remaining batter over the blueberries so that it covers the fruit. Place the pan in the oven.
5. Bake the cake until it is golden brown on top and just starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, 45-60 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Run a long, sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert it onto a rack, then onto another rack so that the cake is right side up. Allow it to cool completely.
6. Place the cake on a serving platter. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired and serve.

**Allow this cake to cool completely, then store it, covered in plastic wrap, at room temp. for up to 1 week. Or freeze, wrapped in aluminum foil, for up to 6 months. Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.
**I use a bundt pan and it works great.
**You can use thawed frozen berries, but omit the water in the recipe.

So, I'm off to make birthday preparations!



No comments:

Post a Comment