Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Homemade Bread and a Heart of Contentment

Well, we were warned...the weather is indeed frightful. I'm so thankful that we are all home together. What a treat to have my Hunny home today! I've got homemade bread in the oven to go along with the potato soup we are having for supper.

God has been working on my heart in regards to contentment and surrendering all to Him. To His children, we read this promise,
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
So, I am learning to be content, during the "good" days and the not-so-good days. He is there and promises that I will have what I need to make it through another day. How comforting!

God is good.

French Honey Bread
1 1/4 c. water
1 1/2 T. olive oil
1 1/2 T. honey
1 t. salt
1 1/2 t. sugar
3 1/2 c. bread flour (I use a combination of whole wheat and unbleached bread flour)
2 1/2 t. yeast

Follow the manufacturer's instructions for your bread machine. I use the dough cycle, then put the dough into a loaf pan. I put the pan in a cold oven, setting the oven to 350 degrees F. 25 minutes later, yummy bread.
Recipe from The Bread Maachine Cookbook by Donna Rathmell German

No comments:

Post a Comment