Monday, May 7, 2007

Making the most of my time

Ephesians 5:15-16a
"Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time"
Reading this verse this morning got me to thinking about how I spend my time. Do I make the most of my time? Obviously, making the most of my time doesn't mean I am busy, busy, busy. So just what does it mean to make the most of my time?

Well for starters, I really need to set my alarm and get up before the kids. Allowing myself even 30 minutes of "mommy time" can get my day off to a good start. Also, being sure to make my time with the Lord a priority. If I have time to read other books, I have time to read His Word. For me, this means choosing not to read other books until I've had my time in His Word.

Many housekeeping ideas came to my mind, why, just today while talking on the phone with a friend, I realized I could wipe down the fronts of my cabinets and still give my conversation the utmost attention. Yahoo, making the most of my time!

Lastly, getting to bed at a decent time is another way that I can make the most of my time. My body demands a good 7 hours of sleep, and if I let my night owl tendencies kick in, ugh, it's not pretty folks. I don't have the patience or clarity of mind to be a good mommy and teacher to my kids.

How do you make the most of your time?

1 comment:

  1. I think what is imperative to making the most of my time is just being true to how God created me. Quite often people waste a lot of time trying to be someone they are not, I know I've done that before.

    The more I become who He created me to be the more I become like Him and that to me, is the BEST use of time! :-)

    I realize I didn't put anything "practical" but that would take me writing my own post. LOL

    Thanks for the post! It was encouraging. :-)

    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete