Friday, June 1, 2007

Getting to the end of graduate school



About two months ago a friend happily said, "Your husband is almost done graduate school!" I told her that we were definitely dragging ourselves to the finish line. She remarked that it didn't matter how we got there, but just that we DID get there. Well folks, we are doing the turtle crawl. My hunny has one more paper and one more exam and he (we) will be finished with his master's degree. So close, but...yet...so...far....away.

Really all things considered it has gone well and I'm very proud of him. It's just been a long two years of him being gone from before sun up to well after sun down, seven days a week. I've run the gamet of emotions--strong, independent, resilient, patient, diligent, lonely, sad, deprived of 'big people' conversation, lay down and let the kids run over me, encourager, and on and on the list could go. We will have some adjustments when he is finished, but I'm trusting that they will be favorable and healthy adjustments. And maybe, just maybe, I'll have an evening out withOUT my sweet children.

image (c) Kitty Roach

No comments:

Post a Comment