Monday, June 4, 2007

Playing games

How long has it been since I've played "Chutes and Ladders"? Today Marissa went to a friend's house for some assessment testing and I took my friend's two boys in exchange. Her boys are 5 and 3 and we had a great day. They played very well with Bethany and Baby Boy. I found myself playing more with them...aside from Chutes and Ladders, we played with trucks on the floor and then outside on the swingset. The 5 yo made the top of the playset a ship. He was the captain and Bethany was the first mate. Their imaginations ran from there.

Then in the afternoon, Marissa was back and the boys were home, some other boys (4 to be exact) came over while their mother was grocery shopping. And I played MORE games. Disney Scrabble and Dora Memory.

What a fun day! I'd just been thinking that I need to be intentional about playing with the kids. I tend to more of a "doer" and don't take the time I need to, to just play. I'm thankful it happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment