Monday, June 25, 2007

Recipe Update

I made the Chocolate Peanut Clusters mentioned here. They were too sugary although very edible. So, I altered the recipe a little bit (okay maybe a lot a bit). Still not the taste I'm going for, but still good and also very edible. This is what I did:

Chocolate Peanut Clusters (altered version):

1 c. chocolate chips
10-12 Kraft caramels
1 T. solid vegetable shortening
1 c. milk

Melt the chocolate chips over med-low heat along with the shortening. Stirring often, add the caramels. They will take a few minutes to melt. Stir in the milk. When well blended, take off heat, add peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto wax paper.

*One note: I do NOT like using shortening. I have terrible nightmares about what it's doing to our insides. I will have to experiment with other recipes and oils. Thankfully, I don't make this kind of thing much.

No comments:

Post a Comment